Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 2014: Practice with Antique processing

Friday, June 27, 2014

I never tire of taking pictures of Oliver.  Today I used the 85mm lens and set the camera in B & W mode. I used Lightroom to develop the picture in sepia for an antique look. I like the way it turned out.




My rose bushes have already almost finished their second bloom so I went out yesterday and took a few (yeah, like 20 more) shots of beautiful pink roses with the 55mm lens. It was after 8pm and I needed to use a fill flash with the lens wide open at f1.8. I then worked in Lightroom and Perfect Photo to antique finish two of my favorite shots. I really am pleased with these also.


This one below is my favorite today. It looks like a watercolor to me. I love the variegated coloring in the petals and the creaminess of the background. I think it makes a very pretty card.



I have spent so many hours these past couple weeks reading blogs and lessons and manuals and tutorials about all thing photography. I am overwhelmed with the intricacies of telling a story with a camera. I'm very excited to be in this place of discovering a new passion.


No comments:

Post a Comment